Wednesday 8 December 2010

Transcription... New Ideas...



So after the film on Tuesday Alan called me over for a chat. At first i was kind of bricking it, i didn't have a clue what he was gonna say to me, feeling like that nightmare where you turn up to school in just your underwear. But actually it was nothing of the sort, luckily. Instead, Alan gave me some really helpful ideas and material to investigate for the Transcription unit, in a bid to get me on the right path so i can begin to push forward. So here's the sources that i'm currently looking into thanks to Alan:

- Danse Macabre (Dance of the Dead) by Saint-Saens.
- The Masque of the Red Death by Edgar Allan Poe.
- The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe.

I've already started to look into the first two ideas and already i can see why Alan has suggested these. I should be able to apply my previous dark ideas from my previous research into these adaptations nicely. In particular, i love this idea of 'Dance of the Dead' which is probably my favourite idea at the moment. Getting my head down with a lot of research and pre-production work now, will definitely benefit me coming into the 10 weeks of the project.

2 comments:

  1. There's also the option of European fairy tales. They all have a dark thread running through them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a look:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CHqhsMP80E&feature=fvsr

    ReplyDelete