Wednesday 23 September 2009

My self-portrait - Idea Development

So... i've been thinking a lot about this self-portrait project over the last couple of days. The lectures that Phil gave were very insitive of how i could research and analyse different self-portraits, to influence the creation of my own self-portrait. I've also realised that you shouldn't try and hold a cough in during a lecture, as it will only make things worse :P. Back to the more important topic though... I've come to the conclusion that there are two main ways of portraying yourself, as the person within or the person that you are on the outside. Often we pretend that these to aren't disimiliar, in a bid of hiding our true identities, which i think we often see in self-portraits. But I have not yet decided whether how i will portray myself yet. I often find that the person I am inside, is someone who likes to think things over and often spends his time dreaming of the unimaginable. Whereas the person who people usually see is a more lively and outgoing person, completing hiding the identity of my true persona. This is why people often struggle to comprehend my inner self, almost giving the impression of a split personality. I feel that it is important for me to explore both these paths in a bid to find the best way of portraying myself. It may even be possible to combine the two ideas to give an overall picture of who i am, instead of one part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment