Wednesday 23 September 2009

My self-portrait - Influences

My love for film and music often influences and inspires the creation of my ideas. Here i have found some photoshoots of Kid Cudi and Master Shortie, which i feel are key in helping me picture and sketch one of my ideas for my self-portrait.


I'm liking these images at the moment because they are very similar to how i envisage one of my ideas for the final self-portrait. I like the way virtual reality has been combined with reality, which creates a surreal and fun picture. I can particularly relate to these pictures as i am often daydreaming and thinking of unimaginable things.


I particularly like these drawings by Augor and the way they have been composited into the image, giving the image a lot of personality. i'd like to create something like this, using photgraphy and drawings to represent my personality and portray who i am.


























1 comment:

  1. Hey Ethan - that top image is a steal from Spielberg's Close Encounters of the Third Kind... check out the original film poster; appropriating the work of someone else into your portrait maybe another visual strategy for talking about identity...

    ReplyDelete