Monday 25 January 2010

Unit 4 - Storytelling... 3 Words...



So we've now got our brief for the new unit, Story-telling. I'm looking forward to this unit because i know that narrative and story telling can often be a weakness of mine, so i would like to improve this skill. My three words were Restaurant, Butterfly Hunter, and Pogostick; straight away giving me some thoughts and ideas into a slightly comical and humerous storyline. Being only a minute, i was thinking of something along the lines of the Pixar shorts because they are so popular amongst audiences and so well-renouned for their funny and original storylines. I did have a quick scan through the brief, although i must be honest, i haven't yet had a full in-depth look at it. Instead, i decided to start reading my new Fudamentals of Animation book which breaks down the process of pre-production work for animation and gives some in-depth examples and practices to help your understanding further. If you haven't read this book before it's definitely worth checking out because it breaks down each step of the process in quite some depth and has already helped me to figure out the order that i should develop my animation in. I've also got some other animation books back at halls, but i wasn't able to bring these back home with me because my bag is too full. These other books will come in handy when designingn my animation both preparatory designs and storyboards. For now, the Fundamentals of Animation is a great read and i'm sure this will be by my side throuhgout the development of my animation. I'm looking forward to this unit now as i already have some fun ideas and styles that i want to play with...

No comments:

Post a Comment