Tuesday 30 November 2010

Character Design Crit Evaluation...

On thursday we had our first crit of our second year after 10 weeks of working on the character design project. I was given Western Kung Fu fighters as my genre mashup for the unit which at first i wasn't too sure about, but after i while, i found that it could be quite interesting. In the end, i came up with a heroin who is agile and is able to fire ninja stars from her heels, a trusty companion called Yang who's a horse with the ability to kick and punch kung fu style, and a sheriff turned evil, based on the design of a dragon. Overall, i feel a fair bit of work and research went inot this, but i'm extremely disappointed with my end product as i don't think i did myself any justice and i'm still waiting to create a final piece of work that i'm actually proud to show yet. I feel that Alan's comments about being stuck in first gear were spot on and this is something that i need to address immediately. I'm still trying to find a work ethic and process that works well for me, as i found myself quite exhausted in this past ten weeks and it feels like it was all for nothing. However, i can take some positives from this unit, as i feel more confident in my dawing skills because there was a lot of good stuff i drew on my blog, mainly reference images, but i felt this helped boost my confidence in terms of drawing. Now i look forward to the rest of the units, taking the ideas i have and refining them into strong pieces of work i'm proud to show everyone. Bring it on...

No comments:

Post a Comment