Wednesday 10 February 2010

1 Minute Film Clip Storyboard - Development...



So Phil recommended that i start doing my 1 minute, film clip storyboard asap to get used to different shot types and sequences for writing my essay. So, i've started to do a scene from the beginning of Who Framed Roger Rabbit, which is the short we see which Roger and the baby. I'm also taking this opportunity to look closely at exhaggeration, character design and proportion, ready for my own storyboards. I think i will spend the next few days neatly presenting this storyboard, as professionally as i can, so that when i come to do my own, i can produce a better quality storyboard. At the moment, i've just started the first shot and this is taking me a while, mainly due to getting the proportion of Roger's body right as well as the exhaggerated expression on his face. As you can see from the image above i am refining the image to get these aspects as close as possible to the original, this fine detail will hopefully provide me with a beter eye for detail when i come to design my own characters. I'm also taking this opportunity to use Photoshop and develop my digital painting skills, i find it a lot easy to do something like a storyboard because it's quick and easy to add colour and i can quick change and erase things... Hopefully by the end of the weekend, i should have a well presented 1 minute storyboard for this film, but we all know it's never that easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment