Sunday 14 February 2010

Sweeney Todd...



So after my post yesterday about ideas for making my character sinister and excentric, i decided to watch Sweeney Todd in my flat mate's room. If i'm honest, i was quite tired, so my full attention was on the film throughout, but i did see quite a lot of interesting, massacre scenes and i was impressed with Johnny Depp's acting as always. Although, Sweeney Todd seemed to be very gruesome and merciless, i feel this would be the perfect route for my Butterfly Hunter to go down, except instead of killing people, he hunts insects and bugs. The idea of a much a hated character creates a relationship between the audience the antagonist, even if it is a bad one. Two other characters spring tto mind, in recent films we have watched in class; there's the gangster from The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover, and Frank Booth from Blue Velvet. I feel both these characters play a huge part in keeping the auidence watching the film, as they want to see what happens to them. You know you're characters work well when the audience is routing for them to die, if that's the point of the character, for me, this is exactly the point of my Butterfly Hunter...

No comments:

Post a Comment