Tuesday, 5 October 2010
Cowboy and Kung Fu Fighting Stereotype Comparison...
Here's a comparison I put together after researcching into both cowboy/sheriff and kung fu fighter stereotypes. After i created the list, i started to see some similarities or ways of combining the traits to create a kung fu western. Here is the list of commonalities i found...
- Both kung fu fighters and cowboys are known to wear bandanas.
- A spur and the sheriff's badge both resemble a star shape which we can connect to the idea of the ninja star.
- The robe in kung fu and long coat in westerns could be integrated.
- A stereotypical Asian hat is the conical hat whereas in westerns we are used to seeing a cowboy hat.
- Both Cowboys and Kung fu fighters wear gloves.