Friday 22 October 2010

The Quatermass Xperiment Review...



The Quatermass Xperiment (1955) follows the storyline of 'Professor Bernard Quatermass who is in charge of a manned rocket mission that has gone awry. When the rocket crash lands in a farmer's field they find that only one of the three occupants is on board; the others have simply vanished. Slowly, the surviving astronaut begins to transform into a hideous creature and Quatermass realizes that he may have been infected by an alien being. When he escapes from the hospital with the help of his unsuspecting wife, the authorities must race to destroy it before it multiplies.'

The quatermass xperiment was a film that i probably wouldn't consider watching again. The storyline wasn't particularly interesting and by the time it had built up to the ending, the monster was just burnt alive and I was left waiting for something to happen and wanting more, neither of which i got. It isn't often I come away from a film with not much to say no matter how good or bad a film is, but the quatermass xperiment has left me pondering about what I can actually write about. Overall, the quatermass xperiment had a slow build up which was as lacklustre as its ending, leaving me waiting for something else to happen. This is not a film I would go out of my way to recommend to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment