After going through the first piece of text and highlighting the key details describing the environment, i found there were two different locations i could use. i then took these details and put them in bullet points under each enironment, this meant i was clearly able to identify how my environment should look. Here's my bullet points for the first environment:
- Few hundred feet, vertical ascent, seemed like a mile.
- Protagonists are chained.
- Heap of broken fungi.
- Narrow Clefts.
- Great drusy cavaties studded with prickly crystals, or thickly beset with dull, shining funoid
- Sometimes it twisted spirally and at other times slanted down nearly to the horizontal
- Intermittent drip and trickle of water nearby.
- Small living things rustled out of reach.
- For above came the familiar bluish light.
From these details and descriptions i was able to start drawing thumbnails and sketches based on each section and eventually i will be able to bring athese together to produce my final concept image.